- 1 Hanks or about 220 yards (201 meters) Malabrigo Rios in #30 Purple Mystery
- US 6 (4mm) 16” Circular Needle or DPNs for Ribbing, Or you can use the 29“ Needle with “Magic Loop Method”
- US 6 (4mm) 24” Circular Needle
US 6 (4mm) DPNs for Cap Decreasing
- 5 sts per inch, 20 sts = 4” 20 sts & 28 Rows = 4” x 4”
- 17 inches (18 inches, 20.5 inches) 23 inches
- Child Large (Adult Small, Adult Medium) Adult Large
- Crochet Hook, The size doesn’t really matter as long as it is large enough to pull tail of yarn through remaining sts at end
- 1 Stitch Marker
Often I hear people saying that you need to listen to the fabric or yarn you are using for a project, to learn what it wants to do. I have believed this only to a certain degree, until I found Malabrigo Rios in Purple Mystery, color #30: the yarn that I used for this project. She asked me to make her some hats, and only then was I able to listen to the yarn. I wanted to create something special, and new for her. After working with it in the pattern for my Taylor Swift Beret, I could see that the details would sing with this beautiful yarn. So, I created a new pattern, a derivative of my previous pattern.
The diamonds for your style, the purple mystery for your beauty, and the cable knots are from each one of us support group.
This hat isn’t as large or as slouchy as the beret, and does fit a bit more like a beanie. The diamond pattern is much more dense, and there are many more diamonds in it, creating a lovely pattern.
I originally made the pattern free, however, upon discovering that others were taking the pattern, making and selling item after item for a nice profit, sadly, without a credit or a donation, I have decided to request a very small fee for my pattern work, so that I can continue to come up with new ideas and patterns.
©2014 Julie LeFrancois. All Rights Reserved.
Please respect copyright law and Do Not Reproduce in any form. Duplication & distribution of this pattern in any form without express permission of the author is a violation of copyright law: You may not make multiple copies of this pattern, reformat it for commercial use or resale, or sell items made from this pattern. Your respect for copyright law allows me to keep bringing you new and interesting designs. Write with feedback or errata via my contact page. Thank you.