Gwennie Striped Scarf, Free Knitting Pattern
8″ wide x 62″ long
[40 cm wide by 158 cm long ]
- Color A: Berroco Vintage (50% Acrylic/40% Wool/10% Nylon, 100g, 214 yds / 198 m): 1 hank in #5145 Cast Iron (Black)
- Color A: Berroco Vintage (50% Acrylic/40% Wool/10% Nylon, 100g, 214 yds / 198 m): 1 hank in #5101 Mochi (White)
- Size US 7 [4.5 mm]
With size US 7 [4.5 mm] needles in Scarf Texture Pattern
- 22 sts and 32 rows = 4”x4” [10 x 10 cm)
- Tapestry Needle, to sew in ends.
Scarf Texture Pattern is worked in K2 P2 Rib Stitch on RS, and all K sts on WS.
- St / Sts: Stich or Stitches
- CO: Cast On
- K: Knit St, if followed by a number, K that many sts before proceeding to next instruction.
- P: Purl St, if followed by a number, P that many sts before proceeding to next instruction.
- Sl 1: Slip 1 Knitwise, With Yarn in Front. Wrap the yarn around the first of the stitch (counterclockwise), to the back. This creates a selvedge/clean edge.
- BO: Bind Off
With Color A (black), CO 42 Sts ( Multiple of 4 + 2)
On RS: SL 1, K1, Work in P2, K2 Rib Stitch ending with K2.
On WS: Sl 1, K across.
Repeat Prevous 2 rows, 6 more times (Total of 14 rows)
With Color B (white), Work 1 stripe, Continuing to carry color A up the side of the work by twisting the yarns.
Work Scarf until you have 29 stripes, alternating colors each 14 rows, ending with a stripe in Color A.
BO All sts. Block Scarf to lay flat.
Wow, wasn’t that easy?
©2014 Julie LeFrancois. All Rights Reserved.
Please respect copyright law and Do Not Reproduce in any form. Duplication & distribution of this pattern in any form without express permission of the author is a violation of copyright law: You may not make multiple copies of this pattern, reformat it for commercial use or resale, or sell items made from this pattern. Your respect for copyright law allows me to keep bringing you new and interesting designs. Write with feedback or errata via my contact page. Thank you.