Flynnie Sweater, with a well-deserved captive audience: Top Down, In-The-Round, Wide-Weave Raglan Sweater
I absolutely love knitting sweaters from the top-down, in the round. Being able to try them on at any point, and make adjustments without having to rip out an entire sleeve, or sweater back makes the sweater building process so much more enjoyable.
Utilizing this piece primarily as a tunic I find it is a wonderful addition to my wardrobe, especially on those cold days. With the super chunky yarn, and large needles this is a quick, and fashionable knit.
A few years back I made a version of this sweater and completed it from the bottom up, in panels. After finishing it I realized that knitting top-down, and in the round would provide a very clean, polished, and more sophisticated sweater. Super snugly, and delightfully colored this sweater always brightens my mood, and I hope that it does the same for you, too!
Endlessly customizable, I have written a few notes throughout the pattern to help with adjustments and fitting. It’s a good idea to write down what you changed, so you can better review if it is working for you, or match your sleeves.
To anyone who purchases this sweater, I hope you enjoy making this it as much as I have.
Information & Specifications
- Size XXS (XS, S, M, L) XL
- Bust Measurment
– 28″ (30″, 32″, 36″, 38″) 42″
– 71 cm (76 cm, 81 cm, 91 cm, 96 cm) 106 cm
- Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande (100% Baby Alpaca, 110 yd [100 m]/100 g): #69 Watermellon or #6010 Coral, 8 (8, 8, 9, 11) 12 hanks
- Misti Alpaca Chunky 2 Ply (100% Baby Alpaca, 109 yd [99.6 m]/100 g): #RJ5764 Pink Paradise, 8 (8, 8, 9, 11) 12 hanks
- Blue Sky Alpacas Techno 2 Ply (100% 68% Baby Alpaca / 10% Extra Fine Merino / 22% Silk, 120 yd [109 m]/50 g): #1981 Pink Posh, 8 (8, 8, 9, 11) 12 hanks
- Size US 15 [10 mm]
– Circular 29” and/or 36”
– 7” or 9” DPNs
- Size US 101/2 [6.5 mm] Circular 24”
- Size US 8 [6.5 mm]:
– Circular 29” or 32”
– 7” or 9” DPNs
Gauges listed equal 4×4” [10 x 10 cm].
- With size US 15 Needles in Sts St:
– 10 Sts and 12 rows
- Stitch Markers.
- Tapestry Needle.
The Original Flynnie Sweater: Top Down, In-The-Round, Wide-Weave Raglan Sweater
©2014 Julie Grantz. All Rights Reserved.
Please respect copyright law and Do Not Reproduce in any form. Duplication & distribution of this pattern in any form without express permission of the author is a violation of copyright law: You may not make multiple copies of this pattern, reformat it for commercial use or resale, or sell items made from this pattern. Your respect for copyright law allows me to keep bringing you new and interesting designs.