Even though this sweater takes me but two days two knit, I have spent well over a month working on this. After two samples in two sizes, I finally feel ready to present my pattern to the world.
A sucker for all things cute, I changed the stripe colors from the gray and white used in the adult version of the sweater, to Kangaroo browns and added the knit Kangaroo ears for a playful, and snuggly little sweater. Knowing that mommies don’t have time to hand wash, this pattern utilizes Berroco Comfort, a machine-washable, super-soft, worsted weight yarn making this sweater quick to knit and easy to care for.
The ears in this pattern are very easy to make, and with a little experimentation of the ear shape and size, as well as with the plethora of colors this yarn is made in, the possibilities for animals this little sweater become are endless: kangaroos, bunnies, kitties, puppies, armadillos, bats, foxes, owls, horses, dragons, tigers, piglets, monkeys, lambs, buffalo (horns and ears), bears, lemurs, zebras the list goes on and on … You could even add a tail.
Baby & Toddler Sizing
6-Month (12-Mo., 18-Mo., 2T) , 3T
4/5 6/7 8 9/10 11/12 13/14
- Color A, Berroco Comfort #9745 “Filbert Brown”
- Color B, Berroco Comfort #9727 “Spanish Brown”
- Color C, Berroco Comfort #9705 “Pretty Pink”
- US 7 (4.5mm) 24″ Circular Needle for Hood Ribbing.
- US 7 (4.5mm) 24” Straight needles (or Circular based on preference) for Ribbing on Back, Front, Sleeves and Pocket.
- US 8 (5.0mm) Straight needles or Circular needles based on preference. It is easiest to use a circular needled for the hood.
18 stitches and 26 rows equals 4×4″
- Tapestry Needle for weaving in ends, sewing Pocket to Front and for sewing Ears to Hood.
- 2 Stitch Markers of different colors
©2012 Julie LeFrancois. All Rights Reserved.
Please respect copyright law and Do Not Reproduce in any form. Duplication & distribution of this pattern in any form without express permission of the author is a violation of copyright law: You may not make multiple copies of this pattern, reformat it for commercial use or resale, or sell items made from this pattern. Your respect for copyright law allows me to keep bringing you new and interesting designs. Write with feedback or errata via my contact page. Thank you.